Valentine's Day Gift Guide: Book Lover's Edition
Posted on 08 February 2016
Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Whether you’re single or taken, this is a great day to celebrate love. Treat yourself or your loved one to a day of celebration and love by expressing your love through gestures. Here are a few great gifting ideas.
- Chocolates: You can never go wrong with chocolates. Here are some great websites that make chocolates especially for book lovers.
- You: Really, spend some quality time with yourself or your loved one and that's all that counts. Valentine's Day isn't about expensive gifts or obligatory romance, it's about love. It's about spending time with the people you love. So, take some time off and spend your time with loved ones.
- Re-issued classics: Go the old-style romantic way and gift a set of re-issued classics. Penguin re-issued classics with newly designed book covers this year.
- Books & Ballads T-Shirt: Books & Ballads specializes in minimalistic T-shirts for modern book lovers. Why not give the special person in your life a book-inspired T-shirt this year? Don’t worry, we’re running a 20% off Valentine’s Day Sale to help you out. Enter the code ‘VALENTINESDAY’ at checkout to get 20% off.
- Romance Novels: Valentine’s Day equals romance. Why not give your loved one a romance novel or a collection of it this year? Whether the special person in your life likes young adult romances, paranormal romance, time travel romances, love stories, contemporary romances, gay romances or accidentally pregnant romances, Goodreads has a list that will help you choose the perfect book for your Valentine.
- Bookends: As a book lover, a creative book end is a big turn on. Etsy is a great place to find unique, handmade book ends.
- Book scent candles: Book scented candles have been gaining popularity. These make great gifts for book lovers who cannot resist the smell of pages. Frost beard Studio and Pages Candles Co. have some unique scents.
- Audiobooks: Audiobooks are continually growing in popularity. Amazon’s audible contains one of the largest collections of audiobooks and they have a Valentine’s Day list. Give your lover the MP3 version of her favourite book this year.
- DIY: Feeling creative? Nothing says ‘love’ like a touch of handmade magic. If you want to make something for your lover this year, there are lots of ideas to choose from. For something simple, go with a bookmark or a card. If you’re feeling more adventurous, book covers, book ends, book-inspired necklaces or earrings make great gifts. You can find inspiration on Pintrest, Esty, Buzzed and Google.
- Homemade treats: Youtube is rife with V-day snack ideas. Cake pops, handmade chocolate, cupcakes and cakes are all in this season. Here’s a video to help you out.