5 Books for Strong Women
Posted on 01 September 2016
Today, we're here with a new post on 5 books strong and successful (and aspiring) women should read. These books will give you a kick of motivation or the touch of confidence that you need to get your dream going. Here we go.
Here we go.
1. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg: This is the book that started the craze for women's business books. Lean In makes very valid points about why despite economic growth the number of women in the workforce has not increased proportionately. She also explores the limiting beliefs that hold women back from going after what they want. It's a great book fto start with.
2. Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso: This book is packed with grit and fire. Sophia talks about her journey from a rebellious but introverted teen to the owner of Nasty Gal vintatge, the largest vintage clothing online store. There is a lot that can be learned from reading this book. Sophia's writing style is gritty and keeps you hooked. This book makes a great read for those who want to get into the fashion or online retailing industry.
3. The Girl Code by Alwill Lyba Cara: The girl code talks not just about success but also happiness. It urges women to give up jealousy and support each other. The book's focus is on self-confidence and positive thinking, something which all of us could use a little more of.
4. Thrive by Ariana Huffington- From the founder of Huffington post comes a book about balance. Thrive explores the third metric of success- to truly thrive. Ariana talks about her burnout in her quest for the top and advises to instead focus on thriving and balance to get there and be happier. A good read for women who are struggling to balance family and their career.
5. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert: From the writer of Eat, Pray, Love comes another wonderful work about creativity. Don't listen to us, listen to the great reviews.
We hope you liked our list of books for strong women. Feel free to recommend more in the comments section. See you next week!
(Note: All images are property of their copyright holders. Books & Ballads does not own any of the images.)
10 Questions on Writing & Publishing with Ali Luke: Interview
Today, we have author Ali Luke of Aliventures telling us ...
Author Interview: E.J. Mellow
I'm so excited to introduce our next author. E.J. Mellow ...
Books & Ballads Giveaway
Good morning, bookworms. Today, we have some exciting new...